I feel like I’d be doing you a disservice if I didn’t put this up, especially considering this is a blog where I primarily write about privacy, freedom, and security.
This is my personal website. My posts and ideas do not reflect opinions of my current or previous employers, only my personal one.
I use your information only for providing and improving this site. By using this site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Collection of Personal Information
I may collect information that identifies you as an individual, such as your name or email address, in response to your request for information or action.
Collection of Other Information
I may collect other information that does not identify you as an individual, such as IP address, domain name, browser settings, etc…
Use of Information
Links to other websites
I use Piwik for analytics. Users should be aware of a few things:
- I only use your information to determine what posts are more popular, what day/time is best to post, how long you stay on my site, etc…
- I host my own Piwik instance. Your data never leaves my server without my permission.
- My Piwik instance is set to fully support your browser’s Do Not Track setting.
- Piwik offers two options for geo-location: your browser’s language setting or your IP address (provided by an external database). For accuracy’s sake, I’ve opted to determine location based on IP address. This information is provided through a database by MaxMind called GeoLite City. This provides your coarse location (city/state/country), but does not provide ISP or organization information.
- If you’d like, you can choose to receive an opt-out cookie from Piwik, below.
I’m always working to make ensure my site is more robust and secure. When you visit my site, the following security/privacy features will be available to you.
- IPv6 support
- HTTPS support
- HTTP 301 redirects to HTTPS (so you can’t access this site on regular HTTP)
- No mixed content
- HTTP/2 support
- .bit TLD
- CAA records
- A+ rating on Qualys SSL Labs
- A+ rating on High-Tech Bridge
- HSTS preload for Chrome, Firefox, and Tor (you can add yours here)
- No SHA1 certificates
- Improving scores on GTmetrix
- Improving scores on HTTP headers
- GPG key added to contact information
If there’s anything else you’d like to know about how I use your information or the security of this site, please contact me.