This policy is subject to change without notice and was last updated on 2018-05-25.
Who I am
This is my personal website, the address is https://loganmarchione.com.
My posts and ideas are my own, and do not reflect opinions of my current or previous employers.
What personal data I collect and why I collect it
I use your information only for providing and improving this site.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so I can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
If you upload images to the website, or include links to images, you should avoid uploading/linking images with embedded location data (e.g., EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on this site, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year, but can be deleted by you, from your browser’s settings, at any time.
Your data rights
You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data I hold about you, including any data you have provided to me. You can also request that I erase any personal data I hold about you. This does not include any data I am obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- I host my own Matomo instance. Your data never leaves my server.
- I only use your information to determine what posts are more popular, what day/time is best to post, how long you stay on my site, etc…
- Matomo anonymizes your data, including your IP address and Matomo user ID.
- If you’d like to opt-out, you can choose to receive an opt-out cookie from Matomo, below.
Now that the legal text is out of the way, here’s the part I really enjoy. I’m always working to make ensure my site is more robust and secure. When you visit my site, the following security/privacy features will be available to you.
- SSL/TLS techology
- No mixed content
- DNS CAA records
- A+ rating on Qualys SSL Labs
- A+ rating on High-Tech Bridge
- Improving scores on GTmetrix
- Improving scores on HTTP headers
- GPG key added to contact information
If there’s anything else you’d like to know about how I use your information or the security of this site, please contact me.